SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ADSL ISP hosts
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ADSL ISP hosts
- From: "Chris Deigan" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:35:58 +1000
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=f58z7c9KKI7pMNGyVc49EA+EKsEQNHjVcaJfmQUWnVFI9sANLASPtmTe5y2cf3l1+8dZsPU+wnxocjOu0fBqKv2je5ByTYvZJKGBmzGwyZ1fdSkgcnoUGevfWeHUCb4uJyjGTQpftgU4xGOflgpjib7sQBD5Ds78xoGUFnmYmJs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=aavCKUOKeFLZfPS7K+tWn7AjKP2Dpxbu0YH6puBXrCljMNmX0IxbpNSuMIUTvkyx4vpCC5xwSGnweS9AVvm9QVxIADZjJZ1Fl135lGgqayHncwxYCxo/7ZSGRr3k6vjLpQgwubdkNfXcFMa2oyZLAgbEdDxN2y73aaumMmvFsns=
On 6/4/07, DaZZa <dagibbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
FWIW, iiNet runs Apache on its webservers - I strongly suspect they're
mostly Linux boxes, since making Apache behave well on a 'Doze machine
is problematical at best - but does it really matter?
Last I heard (which is from a few years ago), iiNet use Debian for
most of their servers.
They also do have a community-run shell server, although it's use is
rather restricted by resource limits. http://shell.iinet.net.au/
Internode has used/is using Gentoo and FreeBSD. Not sure.
None of this really matters in choosing an ISP though. :)