[SLUG] Video card that is actually a terminal server?

Hi folks.

Is there such a device as a "video card" that is actually a terminal
server?  I.e., I can telnet/ssh into the console remotely and
independently of the actual computer?  I have a server in the corner
that I don't want to attach a screen to, but need to be able to see the
bootup/shutdown sequence occasionally.

If so, what are they called, so I can start hunting one down?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Nerds need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange
  apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But
  if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange
  these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
- George Bernard Shaw