Re: [SLUG] Blogging system recommendations

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> Hi folks.
> I'm building a simple web site for a mate of mine who's made a film
> that's just hitting the festival circuit.  I want it to be pretty basic,
> with just a few pages and a blog that he can update.
> I use blosxom because it's bloody simple, but it required me to write in
> HTML.  I'll need to get something that he can write in himself, and
> include links and images probably.
> So does anyone have any recommendations?
> Requirements
> * Ability for non-technical user to enter stuff
> * Can switch between plain text and HTML for markup
> * Can include links and images in posts
> * Easily integrated in another design without using frames
> Desirable
> * Has a .deb or is uber-simple to install and maintain
> * Not written in PHP
> * Not written in $trendy_language_of_the_week
> * Doesn't need a database
> * If it needs a database, can work with sqlite
> * Comments with some form of comment spam control
> * Has a critical announcements email list/RSS feed for when security
>   holes are found.   I'm looking at you phpBB (though they now have an
>   RSS feed).

It doesn't fit all your requirement, but I found Project Steve
Guttenberg good for installations where you don't want databases:

It's written in php though. It easy to install and configure. I used it
for my first blog back in 2002 and it was being developed before that,
so its pretty stable.

Also it doesn't have 'php' in its name ;-)

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)