SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Kunbuntu Edgy Eft Evaluation on a Targa Laptop
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Kunbuntu Edgy Eft Evaluation on a Targa Laptop
- From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:56:39 +1000
- Organization: Ramin Communications
- Reply-to: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de-AT; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030714 Debian/1.4-2
After checking out Knoppix 5.1 I am now evaluating upgrading to
Kunbuntu Edgu Eft on my Targa Laptop.
a) There seems to be a problem with the time zone (Sydney). When I
reboot I get the wrong time on my old (v3.1) operational Knoppix and in
the new Kunbuntu - any suggestions?
b)To use software accessing the USB or Firewire ports,
eg Kino Video Editor (now in Kunbuntu) to control the firewire input or'
Digikam to control the USB input) under root.
For those interested in Video Editing you can check out my presentation at
c) Further to my previous posting on a linux driver for the ALDI
(AF9015) USB DVB-T dongle - there is some activity but little progress -
though Googling returns quite a few sites in Chinese, Dutch and another
European language, which I don't recognise. The Device supports mobile
DVB-T . It seems I also need to get the DVB framework working under Ubuntu.
Marghanita da Cruz