SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Two CUPS questions
- To: Lindsay Holmwood <lindsay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Two CUPS questions
- From: Leslie Katz <lesliek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:27:44 +1000
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20070221)
Thanks for replying, Lindsay.
On an earlier occasion, I tried to install something else on the DSL
computer using RPMs and alien. The computer concerned has very little
RAM and I quickly got to the stage at which DSL complained that the
installation couldn't proceed any further. The two RPMS I'm now
concerned with are filled with a whole lot of files creating GUI
applications for monitoring and the like which I could happily do
without if only I could just get basic printing going.
Hence my hope to be able just to use either the three CUPS-related files
or, alternatively, one of the three CUPS files shorn of its reference to
another of them.
If you have any views on that minimalist path, I'd be pleased to know them.
An Australian lawyers' tumblelog about things (some legal, some not) you might otherwise have missed