SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] An annoying bug, but whose is it?
- To: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] An annoying bug, but whose is it?
- From: Sam Lawrance <boris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:24:50 +1100
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>, murlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 28/02/2007, at 5:54 AM, Howard Lowndes wrote:
I have a laptop with Fedora Core 6 and it is set up such that when
I close the lid it goes into suspend mode.
When I wake it up by opening the lid all is fine until I start
VMware, as soon as I go to start a guest OS under VMware the X
server crashes and spawns back to its login prompt. It only does
this on the first occasion after a suspend or hibernate event.
Has anyone seen this? Is it a hardware bug, a FC bug, a VMware
bug, a guest OS bug, or just an annoyance I will have to tolerate
and remember about?
Hunt it down! Attach to the running process with gdb, crash it, and
get a backtrace to see where it died. Do it a few times to see if it
happens at the same spot.