Re: [SLUG] wenwe

<quote who="jam@xxxxxxxxx">

> > Why are you blaming the tool?
>
> Because, me as a dumb user, is confronted by such archaic and meaningless
> twaddle as:
> > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>
> or even more enlightening
> > dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
>
> Which immediately sets me off on the path that resolves the issue ...

Perhaps read the rest of the output, particularly closer to the place where
the error occurred:

  processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kde4base-data_3.80.3-0ubuntu1~edgy1_all.deb (--unpack):
  trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/kde4/share/config/khotnewstuffrc', which is also in package kde4libs-data

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

     "I guess there's part of me that's always resented it... to be an
   actor, you have to have someone else say yes to you." - Edward Norton