SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Backup System - Any recommendations
- To: Trent Murray <trent.murray@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Backup System - Any recommendations
- From: David Kempe <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:39:12 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (Windows/20061207)
Trent for this scenario backuppc is what you want.
is not an imaging solution though - for that you will need to pay money.
For about 1-2K acronis true image enterprise server does what you want
and more - live imaging to central server, without shutting down the
windows machine. There are free imaging solutions, but they all require
shutting down the PC
Trent Murray wrote:
Can anyone recommend a backup solution that can be run centrally from a
linux box and can also backup windows boxes on a LAN
Apart from performing basic incremental data backups it will also need
able to perform disk imaging over the wire (e.g disk images of windows
to be stored on the linux server to prevent me from having to
and every other application known to man when disks fail)
Compression is also a must have.
Thanks again for your thoughts and suggestions! =)