SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] RAID Performance Oddness
- To: "slug@xxxxxxxxxxx" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] RAID Performance Oddness
- From: Craig Dibble <craig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:55:51 +1100
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (X11/20070103)
Craig Dibble wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a question for any hardware experts out there: I'm currently
> scratching my head over an unexpected performance issue with a relative
> monster of a new machine compared to it's older, supposed to be
> superseded counterpart.
By the way - as far as I have been able to ascertain all other things
are equal. Both boxes are using the same HP Smart Array 6402/128
controller and all other settings are equivalent - such as the
cache/Accelerator Ratio settings.
Also, if it matters - the block buffer cache is disabled in the small
test program (which I didn't write).