[SLUG] Re: GnuPG key signatures - tools to automate accepting them?

On 14/02/07, Hamish Moffatt <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

caff deliberately does not upload other people's signatures directly,
though
I don't know if there is some etiquette-related reason for doing that.

Yes actually there is - people might not want their key to be available on
public servers for various reasons (it weakens the key's security a bit,
spam bots harvest addresses, privacy and more).

So the proper thing is to e-mail the signed key back to its owner. Be aware
that once you submit a key to the keyservers there is no way to delete it
(or at least that's what I read in the MIT key server's documentation).

Cheers,

--Amos