[SLUG] Networking ... explain

if anybody can explain my lack-of-understanding I'd really appreciate it.

.  Machine
192,168.5.70 One
.  ADSL Router
.	     Internet

Machines in network have default GW
They can interact (ping etc) with machines in network

Machines in metwork have default GW
They can interact with the machines     jupiter.home   UG    0      0        0 br0
and with the internet
default         hawood.home         UG    0      0        0 br0

Of course MachineOne, the GW machine for can see out of

How do machines in the network get to see the internet out of gateway?

[br0 is irrelevant, it could be eth0, it's used by openvpn]