SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] tailing, following and filtering
- To: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] tailing, following and filtering
- From: Michael Chesterton <chesty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:56:28 +1100
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110004 (No Gnus v0.4) Emacs/21.4 (gnu/linux)
Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> With --line-buffered on the first grep I get it continuous.
> If only the second grep is --line-buffered, then it goes spurty again.
> That points to the first grep buffering by default, to me.
I guess grep is detecting whether it's talking to a terminal, and doesn't
buffer if it is (or probably line buffers).