SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] tailing, following and filtering
- To: "Matthew Hannigan" <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] tailing, following and filtering
- From: Zhasper <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:31:48 +1100
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=aQ/8AVZHojArmVio57iTwO0NVCkUJyUi8kQ8CSxkip9WNGmkgM+hXI2pm6BZxsJ0FmnCsFLpTEgmhVgXBjJXcVNYNa7QskqHG3uXZfaQnHRS8nF1C5EWGUg29QYJ/oBmp9ULh/5K9vlxU7vDKxviHhv+KYIkZ8BUB0CiMTmF8rQ=
On 11/23/06, Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 08:23:37AM +1100, Penedo wrote:
> On 23/11/06, Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I want to tail -f the syslog file but I only want to see what I want to
> >see and I don't want to see what I don't what to see. The idea is to
> >tail follow through a filter. Is that possible.
> What's wrong with "tail -f syslog | grep ..."?
For the benefit of those of us without your vast intellect and huge
store of knowledge, would you mind expanding on this?