SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Html to pdf conversion with all the formatting
- To: param.sethi@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Html to pdf conversion with all the formatting
- From: Adam Kennedy <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:18:45 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20061025)
What were you using? There are various ways to convert, and some are
better than others.
The basic ones just custom-transform the HTML into PDF equivalents. They
are liable to produce fairly average output in a lot of cases.
I think from a thread earlier this month, the concensus was to use one
based on Mozilla's Gecko engine to fully render the document, then
converts to postscript (from which you convert to PDF).
See the list archives for earlier in the month.
I am able to convert HTML to PDF document, but the colors, images &
styles etc do not appear on pdf document. Does anybody has any idea how
to do this?