Re: [SLUG] PDF tools

Hey hey,

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 08:45:49AM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Alan L Tyree wrote:
> > Thanks, Erik. I didn't remember that discussion, but the SLUG search of
> > the archives isn't working for me. Clicking the Search button returns to
> > the list of mailing lists.
> Oops, I'd forgottent that the slug list search option wasn't working.

We worked a bit on this at the website codefest. Looks like the CGI that
was doing all the searching 'disappeared' in the migration from maddog to

> That means the best way to search the list archive is with google
>     http://www.google.com.au/advanced_search?hl=en
> which lets you specify the domain to search which in this case should
> be "lists.slug.org.au".

Or, just enter 'site:lists.slug.org.au <your search term>' into your
normal google search box.

> I think the post I was refering to was this one which uses pdflatex
> to do the merge:
>    http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/slug/2003/02/msg00616.html
> I've used pdflatex this way myself and it works like a charm.

You'll want to use the psmerge tool, found in the psutils package under

http://slug.org.au/ (Sydney Linux Users Group)
http://lca2007.linux.org.au/ (linux.conf.au 2007)
http://holmwood.id.au/~lindsay/ (me)