SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: Edgy Upgrade
- To: Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: Edgy Upgrade
- From: David Gillies <daveg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:43:03 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Openpgp: id=E1D181AA
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20060922)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Robert Collins wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 15:46 +1100, David Gillies wrote:
>> I think if most people did an "apt-get install ubuntu-desktop ; apt-get
>> dist-upgrade" after the initial dist-upgrade, there'd be a lot less
>> broken ubuntu installs around.
> try update-manager -c, it should work much more simply.
That possibly could make it work much more simply, but it would seem
that lots of people have been doing the same going from dapper to edgy
(with the addition of the -d switch) and it hasn't been problem free
either for them either.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v18.104.22.168 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----