- To: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] btlaunch...
- From: Carlo Sogono <carlo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:11:28 +1100
- Organization: Anchor Systems Pty Ltd
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20060922)
Ken Foskey wrote:
b) the man pages talks about download priorities but the doco is vague
as and I cannot find a decent howto. Best pointer I have was was to
slug with a dead link
I used to maintain this site but I didn't bother renewing our web
hosting package. Too expensive. I still have those scripts somewhere if
you need them, they're not for throttling but for managing torrents from
the command line (my home machine does not have X). For throttling you
would want to use qdisc from the iproute2+tc packages. You can
prioritise certain ports like HTTP and give less priority to BT ports.