SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] howto convert html to pdf?
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] howto convert html to pdf?
- From: Michael Lake <Mike.Lake@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:01:03 +1100
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
Sonia Hamilton wrote:
I (well my boss actually) want to convert several hundred html pages to
pdf - what's the easiest way to do this? Any pointers, ideas?
I guess I'm looking for a tool like pdf2html (but going in the reverse
I've found a php module called html2pdf  - just wondering if there's
a stand alone tool callable from the shell.
Well it depends on how well formed the HTML is. If its crap it could be hard to
create neat, good looking PDF. Here are possibilities:
1. If its got few tags and is very neat maybe use sed/bash scripting to convert it to
latex and run pdflatex on it. This is easily scriptable to do several hundred files.
2. Script Open Office. OpenOffice can take in HTML and produce PDF.
Computational Research Support Unit
Science Faculty, UTS
Ph: 9514 2238