SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Backups keeping symbolic links.
- To: Eddie F <bigedd@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Backups keeping symbolic links.
- From: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:46:02 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/188.8.131.52i
On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 03:06:28PM +1100, Eddie F wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been ask the question by a friend about what alternatives to cpio
> there might be, for backing up to a tape drive and keeping symbolic
> links preserved. Had a bit of a dig around on Google, but haven't had
> much luck... Any suggestions?
Pretty much everything keeps symlinks, cpio, tar, dump.
Or did you mean you want to save the thing symlinked-to?