Re: [SLUG] Re: Backing up to dvd

Thanks very much for the suggestions, Andreas. I'll have a look at Kdar.

Leslie

Andreas Fischer wrote:
I do all my backups using dar, which is a simple, but powerfull command line program, which supports compression, encryption, file splitting, etc. It doesn't suport dvd burning, but I used growisofs to burn the file(s) dumped with dar (although the burn always exited part-way through...).

If you like GUI apps, you could always use Kdar as a front end to dar, and burn the pieces with K3B, or something.

- Andreas

On 11/6/06, *Leslie Katz * <lesliek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lesliek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Matthew Hannigan wrote:

    >>> I dunno how that'd work, but I guess it's possible!
    >>>
    >> Where I read the suggestion (unless, of course, I
    misinterpreted it!)
    >> was at:
    >>
    >> http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/download_instruction.xml
    >>

    > Ah, you misinterpreted it; those files are a single image
    > split up for convenience into file.a, file.b ... file....
    >
    > Matt

    Well that's why I need to ask questions here so often!