Re: [SLUG] Creating a really really simple .deb package

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 14:21 +1100, Penedo wrote:
> On 07/11/06, Jeremy Visser <jeremy.visser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I can modify the version number in ./DEBIAN/control, but can't seem to
> > build any further from there afterwards.
>

> To quote the dpkg-repack manual:
>
> The package can be built from this temporary directory by running "dpkg
> --build", passing it the generated directory.

Cool, that works!

I now have a .deb of the ttf-xfree86-nonfree package with the version at
"4.2.1-3jeremy1". Nice.

I've also tried the other methods, but this one just happened to be the
one that I worked out first. The methods involving a Makefile, or the
dpsyco method sound like better ideas, but doing it this way works for
now.

--
Jeremy Visser
Email: jeremy.visser@xxxxxxxxx GPG id: CF13C41A