Re: [SLUG] Recording wavs from line-in

Adelle Hartley wrote:

> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > The arecord program should do the trick:
>
> Yeah, that's what I wanted.  I'm having a weird problem with it though.  I
> figured out how to set the volume using alsamixer and also to select the
> line input for capture.  I can hear the line input in stereo, and
>
> arecord -f cd somefile.wav
>
> produces a file that windows alleges contains 2 channels, but the second
> channel contains only silence.

There are a number of possible scenarios.

   - If you are recording from a microphone, it might be a mono mic
     and hence only one channel.
   - The socket where you are plugging in might be a mono socket.
   - The audio source might be mono.

>From here is probably up to you.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"When exported to Muslim lands, various aspects of Western pop
culture must be modified in order to accommodate Muslim sensibilities.
When Muslims come West, various aspects of Western pop culture must
be modified in order to accommodate Muslim sensibilities."
-- http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/008623.php