[SLUG] external players in Firefox 2.0

Hi,
In my earlier version of firefox I was able to go to tools and select the bottom link that let me tell the browser what external program it should use to play certain files. This link is no longer there and manage file types only allows changes to a few types it does not allow the adding of them. My problem is that I want to stream an mms radio stream (which works with vlc) but the browser only gives me the option to use totem (which doesn't work) or cancel. How do I change this?

Ashley