SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Installation directory
- To: "SLUG List" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Installation directory
- From: "Martin Visser" <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:00:51 +1000
- Cc: Phill O'Flynn <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=CPKFWbFvOOz/1oNlCdISIOrvlYbVYxO320y8K9ep7afVP70DH6JeZ72tYMdydc7Upi9w4jyWPJXzjT9u1quRJQ4c9GfFaLUbNfqH0E0++lTVK/xqq7hRKd9+oEomse17xC9Oa1FQ9wgx4uwPb35f4N2n0vVMnOEOik5/dh3CV6E=
We probably need a little more info.
What distro will this be for?
Are you talking about a fresh installation, or an update to an existing one?
I understand quite a few BIOSes now support booting directly from USB drives, so in theory, you should be able to copy the contents of a standard boot CD to the USB drive and with a few tweaks, Robert's your uncle. (I haven't had the need to do this yet, so others more experienced in this technique may wish to comment