SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Linux-based Data Scrubbers?
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Linux-based Data Scrubbers?
- From: "Mark Sargent" <coolboarderguy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:28:21 +1000
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=PsDAdC8puUM8/totrvlDwXk3uwzeSPhjkrZcgKX43ez71K9XcOLVvQXDVjEMbskcgW2GG2XTq0DBEgMhAQCepiD7w1rg9wCXpjRZ1WwWVWoWYkcBV2JWN7v5qGUAqOSSPAQMy8XLVtm4HaQrTQyBfNpS3TxhyuN5D5bdpXjepGw=
yes, Japan is extremely harsh on any company not completely erasing private data on hardware before reselling it. I recall when working at a hardware reseller in Tokyo it was crucial that this was done. Looks like it's just got that little bit more complex. Good luck with it. Cheers.