SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Linux-based Data Scrubbers?
- To: Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Linux-based Data Scrubbers?
- From: David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:02:10 +0930
- Cc: Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, SLUG List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20060704 SeaMonkey/1.0.2
Robert et al,
>> Just curious - where do you log it, if you're running off a boot cd and
>> just clobbered the drives? Onto a new partition?
> Clearly, you log it onto the drive as you wipe it.
Or if you want to get nifty, send it via syslog to a sylog daemon
listening on the network.