SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Linux-based Data Scrubbers?
- To: James Gray <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Linux-based Data Scrubbers?
- From: Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:20:27 +1000
- Cc: SLUG List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.11
On 30 Aug 2006, James Gray <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So the call goes out - anyone know of anything that will do this? I
> happy to roll-my-own boot CD etc, but I'm turning up blanks for the
> data scrubber. It's pretty simple though (to meet the .jp
> 1. write a constant pattern to *every* sector on the drive (either 00
> or FF)
> 2. log the result of #1
> 3. celebrate your superiority for erasing the drive.
Just curious - where do you log it, if you're running off a boot cd and
just clobbered the drives? Onto a new partition?