SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Poor Gb network performance
- To: "Gavin Carr" <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Poor Gb network performance
- From: "Raphael Kraus" <rkraus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:14:00 +1000
- Thread-index: AcbLN/dJ/YzSP7ALS4GtEvEU/cOX+gAAgwVA
- Thread-topic: [SLUG] Poor Gb network performance
> Also, I've seen problems with the Realteks in 2.6.9 kernels, that
seemed to go away with later 2.6 kernels (around 2.6.13, from memory).
> Given the debian box is 2.6.8, that might be an issue, so you might
want to try a later kernel.
That may be a good point, however as the machine is off-site, rather
critical, uses some compiled software and eth0 is less important (i.e.
it's our internal network - I'm more worried about large backups not
taking forever to transfer), I'm not too keen to upgrade the kernel just
at the moment :^/
I'll discuss this with my colleage and we'll see if we can organise to
give it a crack...
Thanks heaps for all your help!
02 8306 0007 Direct Line
02 8306 0077 Sales | 02 8306 0099 Fax
02 8306 0088 Support
02 8306 0055 Administration
1300 13 WILD (9453) National | 1300 88 WILD (9453) Fax