SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Poor Gb network performance
- To: <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Poor Gb network performance
- From: "Raphael Kraus" <rkraus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:49:51 +1000
- Thread-index: AcbLJpAXf8uf9JttRgS31layDqybuA==
- Thread-topic: Poor Gb network performance
We've got Ubuntu and Debian machines connected to our gigabyte networks.
Ubuntu kernel: 2.6.15-26-amd64-server
Debian kernel: 22.214.171.124-k7-smp
(Processors are AMD Athlon64 dual-cores.)
Both machines don't seem to be getting through data throughput across
the network. We're getting 10 ~ 12 MB/s (usu. ~11MB/s).
By my calculations we should be getting around ten times this. Netgear
switches are being used.
Is anyone aware of any issues that would be causing this?
Systems Administrator and Software Developer
02 8306 0007 Direct Line
02 8306 0077 Sales | 02 8306 0099 Fax
02 8306 0088 Support
02 8306 0055 Administration
1300 13 WILD (9453) National | 1300 88 WILD (9453) Fax