Re: [SLUG] Re: An almost-hosed Linux system

<quote who="lukekendall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">

> True, but I saw a reference to lilo trying each device in event of
> failure. Certainly I've had a drive drop out of a raid set under lilo and
> the system booted up just fine.

Well, remember that LILO is pretty dumb. LILO installs itself on the boot
sector of both devices (or partitions), so when the boot device fails to
boot, and the BIOS falls back to the next device, it's the *second* LILO
that gets to make the choices about how it boots... and it's running on a
functional disk, remember. :-)

- Jeff

    "And the only time I met George W Bush, he said to me, 'Hey Mike! Go
              find real work.' Of all people!" - Michael Moore