Re: [SLUG] Re: slug Digest, Vol 7, Issue 50

<quote who="Zhasper">

> Ubuntu is a great no-frills simple desktop, but won't work when you have
> complex/rare needs or need to run servers.

I think you'll find a lot of people disagreeing with that. ;-) Ubuntu is
built on Debian - with much of the same philosophy - which is often referred
to as the 'universal operating system', and is deployed on the tiniest of
embedded devices to the largest of clusters, grids and carrier grade (beyond
'enterprise') systems. The various Ubuntu distributions basically hone the
focus, but sacrifice relatively little of the flexibility.

- Jeff

     "Free software never simply picks up its marbles and goes home." -
                            Jonathan Corbet, LWN