SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Offtopic: HP-UX vgimport
- To: SLUG List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>, slug-chat@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] Offtopic: HP-UX vgimport
- From: Carlo Sogono <carlosogono@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:49:44 +1000
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20060728)
Sorry for the offtopic but I assume some of you here have HP-UX
experience. One of our HP-UX boxes containing some source files crashed
yesterday. I have a feeling that the drives are ok and the motherboard
is at fault. I'm attempting to use vgimport on another machine to import
the logical volumes in the drive without the lv map file. As some of you
may know the usual way to transfer drives is by doing a vgexport to
generate the map file from the original machine, transferring the file
and using the map file to map the logical volumes in the target machine.
How do I load the volume group to this new machine without the map file?
All I really want to do is copy the files in these drives.
Thanks in advance,