SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re: SLUG August Monthly Meeting (with new venue)
- To: "SLUG List" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re: SLUG August Monthly Meeting (with new venue)
- From: nornagon <nornagon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:32:35 +1000
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=Kf7puFFyfunjQxMuu+FJIhCbGPBdII9uf9uFfxd766JhHQFqj0jwP09wN+YHUhYDb5PiBe0TOCWwsgzVswUutErgEhQSISBtKvBTvmI2mBm7A5duvnTcQP3EqNAxI9X/smwcb45jf7oY45hk5JFy2Pp6EYZCfOB57OhiaJnsCFk=
On 8/23/06, Lindsay Holmwood <auxesis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/23/06, Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 09:38:40AM +1000, Michael Kedzierski wrote:
> > On 8/22/06, Beach_Wins <beach_wins@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I am planning to go for the 1st time. So glad to read this message as I was
> > >planning to go to Central station.
> > >
> > >I'm from Central Coast , Can you tell me if I should go to ST.Leonards
> > >railway station and do I need to catch a bus .
> > Hi, You'll need to get off the train at Central, and get on another
> > train heading to hornsby via chatswood (the North Shore line).
> Coming by train from the Central coast, it is likely to be quicker to get
> off the intercity at Hornsby and switch to a suburban on the North Shore
> line from there, instead of going all the way to Central and then back up
> On the other hand, Hornsby -> St. Leonards is a long way, and the train
> times might not sync real well. Check on 131500.com or the train timetables
> directly to see which is actually quicker.
I agree with Matt.
The express from Hornsby to Central takes 35 minutes, and then you'll
have to change to an intercity platform at central and hop on a train
to St. Leonards, adding another 25 minutes on top of the Hornsby ->
Changing at Hornsby and going the North Shore line (Platform 1 that
time of day) will take you ~40 minutes.
So, public transport nuts - what buses go there? Will the 440 take me
- Jeremy Apthorp