SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Extracting `self-extracting' archives.
- To: "Peter Chubb" <peterc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Extracting `self-extracting' archives.
- From: "James Dumay" <james.w.dumay@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:22:36 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=s94RxHeQDDbkPCRtHBkZXJM4SZ8O3grGLMUpuFdkj48gYUmFUigg7ukCo3SQHOeoKJMB44iDlceUd03DdMIL095KJWRhplkrJtL+PonZinsRHYFESBs4cVeBvHvLPKmFAmFhwuxHSX38aBp/vqxeCy+q/CUPCRU8AmQPdxn59rM=
If your using a linux box with X you should be able to run the executable if you install wine and recover the ISO off the hard disk after it has installed.
Alternatively you could use "cabextract"  which extracts both regular .cab files and executable cab files and if it is an installsheild installer you could use "unshield".
If this doesn't work for you I could extract them for you on Windows.
On 8/22/06, Peter Chubb <
I grabbed what the docco said was a ZIP file from the HP website to
upgrade the firmware on one of the boxen I administer... but it
doesn't appear to be one.
$ file sp25879.exe
sp25879.exe: MS-DOS executable PE for MS Windows (GUI) Intel 80386 32-bit
Sometimes these things have embedded ZIP files, so just to try it:
$ unzip sp25879.exe
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of sp25879.exe or
sp25879.exe.zip, and cannot find sp25879.exe.ZIP, period.
Does anyone have any ideas how to get the ISO image out of this thing,
without a Windows box handy?
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au ERTOS within National ICT Australia
SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
Subscription info and FAQs: