[SLUG] Extracting `self-extracting' archives.

Hi,
   I grabbed what the docco said was a ZIP file from the HP website to
upgrade the firmware on one of the boxen I administer... but it
doesn't appear to be one.

$ file sp25879.exe
sp25879.exe: MS-DOS executable PE  for MS Windows (GUI) Intel 80386 32-bit

Sometimes these things have embedded ZIP files, so just to try it:

$ unzip sp25879.exe
Archive:  sp25879.exe
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of sp25879.exe or
        sp25879.exe.zip, and cannot find sp25879.exe.ZIP, period.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the ISO image out of this thing,
without a Windows box handy?

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia