SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] How to force which device is eth0?
- To: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] How to force which device is eth0?
- From: O Plameras <oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:14:43 +1000
- Cc: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20060614)
Matthew Hannigan wrote:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 10:55:26AM +1000, O Plameras wrote:
I'm using Fedora, and I use the file /etc/modprobe.conf
to say, e.g.,
alias eth0 tulip
alias eth1 e100
alias eth2 3c59x
That says that eth0 uses the tulip driver,
but I'm not sure it says that the one that
requires tulip is eth0, which is what the original
These works everytime for me.