SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Re: [LINK] Changes urged after research into work visa
- To: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Re: [LINK] Changes urged after research into work visa
- From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:08:28 +1000
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Link <link@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Ramin Communications
- Reply-to: marghanita@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de-AT; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030714 Debian/1.4-2
This seems to be an old report.
The copyright notice on the report, to
which there is a link from the url below,
Bob Kinnaird's report on IT migration
Thursday, 12 January 2006
I posted yesterday on the attention Bob Kinnaird's report on IT migration has been getting in the media. Mr Kinnaird has kindly allowed me to attach the report below.
So here it is in all it's glory. I hope it answers a few questions for you.
Paul Knapp (editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Howard Lowndes wrote:
A new study has found the skilled temporary work visa system has reduced
career opportunities for Australian information technology graduates.
The study, by Victoria's Monash University's Centre for Population and
Urban Research, says there are around 5,000 skilled temporary work visa
holders working in information technology.
Marghanita da Cruz