SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] WAN simulation
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] WAN simulation
- From: Glen Turner <glen.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:31:11 +0930
- Organization: Australia's Academic & Research Network
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20060614)
Gavin Carr wrote:
Quick question - I'm wanting to do some lab-based WAN simulation i.e.
have an ethernet link set up between two boxes that has wan-like
latencies on it. I was thinking I could maybe just insert a linux
router/forwarder into that link if I can find some means of
introducing forwarding delays there - anyone know of any way to do
Linux has the netem traffic classifier. I use it all the
time for exactly this scenario.