SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] WAN simulation
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] WAN simulation
- From: Benno <benjl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:12:22 +1000
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.11+cvs20060403
On Thu Jul 20, 2006 at 11:05:25 +1000, Gavin Carr wrote:
>Quick question - I'm wanting to do some lab-based WAN simulation i.e.
>have an ethernet link set up between two boxes that has wan-like
>latencies on it. I was thinking I could maybe just insert a linux
>router/forwarder into that link if I can find some means of
>introducing forwarding delays there - anyone know of any way to do
At USENIX 2005 I remember a WiP on this being presented, although
I can't find a reference to it right now. Maybe google USENIX 2005 WiP
might turn up something if you're patient enough.