SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] A Ubuntu/Debian and a grub question
- To: lukekendall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] A Ubuntu/Debian and a grub question
- From: Carlo Sogono <carlo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:19:46 +1000
- Cc: Sydney Linux Users Group <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (Windows/20060516)
1) How will grub work out where to find menu.lst? How will it 'know'
to use the updated /dev/hda7/boot/grub/menu.lst rather than the out
of date /dev/hda6/boot/grub/menu.lst version?
GRUB calls this its "root device" and info on where to find the root
device is found in the MBR. Type "grub" in your console and then "help