SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Nautilus and fsck
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Nautilus and fsck
- From: Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:05:45 +1000
- User-agent: Mutt/126.96.36.199i
On 11 Jul 2006, Jeff Waugh <jdub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <quote who="Peter Miller">
> > Is there a way to tell the Nautilus file manager to fsck disks before
> > mounting them?
> > Is there a way to get nautilus to insert "Check Volume" in the same menu
> > as it displays "Mount Volume" for unmounted disks?
> > This is in the context of external USB HDD enclosures.
Until Nautilus can do this, you may get somewhere by using tunefs to
make the filesystem fsck every time it's mounted. However:
- the check will run with no UI and presumably write to
.xsession-errors or somewhere
- Nautilus may get upset that it takes so long to mount it
- this might not even be respected by the code that mounts disks on
But it might be worth a try.