Re: [SLUG] Re: SLUG on gmane.org

Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On 2006-05-30, Terry Collins wrote:
>
>>Who was responsible for this bright idea?
>>If you are goingto start passing out the slug list in bulk to spammers,
>>I would like all address at woa-com-au pulled, please.
>

> I'm not sure who's reponsible, the gmane.org mirror dates back several
> years at least.

I can see that it contains stuff back to 2002, but I have been totally
unaware of it until you posted it.

> I use it comparitively regularly (as now) so that I can
> reply in thread without subscribing to slug@.

How long have you been using it?

> My own preference is that SLUG either keep it

It has to be purged immediately. This is not the arrangement underwhich
I have been posting to slug.

> or have some alternative mirror to NNTP, but if we
> keep mirrors, they certainly ought to be public knowledge.

Definitely not with the email address of everyone who posts. This was
part of the reason that I pulled my own web pages of the slug lists a
couple of years ago.

--
     This message is copyright and may not be re-transmitted
     in any form without the prior written permission of the

     Help give a clueby to undereducated people by sharing
     these email address around.

     <insert private and work emails of past slug committee,
     web and list personell. Hey, if you can share mine,
     then I can share yours {:-)}}}}>