Re: [SLUG] Faster boot times

Gonzalo Servat wrote:

On 5/27/06, Charles Myers <cmyers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[..snip..]

I just tried to install it.. In my noobness :( now ubuntu wont boot... It
gets to a point where it says:

-runit: leave stage: /etc/runit/1
-runit: enter stage: /etc/runit/2

And there it waits.... :(

Looks like another reinstall :(

You don't have to re-install. Try editing the boot line from within
the GRUB boot manager and get rid of the "init=/sbin/rinit" bit and
see if it boots with /sbin/init. Failing that, you can boot off a
Linux CD, mount the partition and remove the rinit changes you just
made so it uses init again, or you can try and fix rinit.

Cheers,
Gonzalo.

Yep just saw that as I got your email!!! :) thanks for the tip...... All is well again.. I will be MORE careful next time.. hehehehe