SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] BSD SOckets
- To: Bruce Badger <bbadger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] BSD SOckets
- From: Benno <benjl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:58:28 +1000
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.11+cvs20060126
On Tue May 23, 2006 at 13:50:45 +1000, Bruce Badger wrote:
>Where is the specification of BSD sockets definitively expressed?
>What standards body is responsible for the specification?
>I read that BSD Sockets are a de facto standard (e.g. in RFC 2553), so
>the answers may be nowhere and nobody respectively ...
To the best of my knowledge the answer is nowhere and nobody. Probably the
BSD man pages are the best source. Or maybe UNIX Network Programming by Stevens.