Re: [SLUG] Best practise for ldap authentication

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 01:56:08PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Alexander Samad">
>
> > but mail isn't part of account nor posixAccount nor top, it is part of
> > inetorgperson - which is of no help to me cause i do libnss/libpam
> > filtering based on attr host which is only part of account.
>
> Just add inetOrgPerson to your objectClass mix and go.
>
> > General Question, do most people setup there own schema's or do they have
> > duplicate records 1 for security and 1 for address book information
>
> Why are you using a separate 'Address book' ou instead of just using the
> 'People' ou?
My original idea was to have user accounts in People and address book
info in Address book - I was going to try and syn this with pda - mymain
reason for partitioning it of user acount.

but I guess I can also search for user accounts that have objectclass
posixaccount