SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] killing all httpd processes, how ?
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [SLUG] killing all httpd processes, how ?
- From: "Voytek Eymont" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 08:00:04 +1000 (EST)
- Reply-to: lists@xxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.5.1
ocassionally, when trying to reload Apache 1.3 with:
'service httpd stop/start'
some Apache processes do not terminate, and, I'm stuck where I can't
restart it anymore, nor can I shut it down completely
I then need to remember how to track and kill all releated processes, (or
I panic and pull out the power cord.)
as I am about to reload new config in Apache, and, I'm not sure if I
recall correct 'what-if':
if Apache fails to fully shutdown, do I:
ps ax | grep httpd
then kill any identified PIDs ?
is there any other way to identify run-away processes ?