SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] File format...
- To: Gottfried Szing <gottfried@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] File format...
- From: Peter Chubb <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 21:28:55 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Comments: Hyperbole mail buttons accepted, v04.18.
>>>>> "Gottfried" == Gottfried Szing <gottfried@xxxxxxxx> writes:
Gottfried> Peter Chubb wrote:
>> I have some old files, that are either encrypted or compressed or
>> both... But I can't remember what command I used to create them
>> (it was more than five years ago).
>> file just says they're data; but all have the first eight bytes as:
Gottfried> try the file-command. this will hopefully give you some
Gottfried> information about the format.
I repeat: file just says they're data.