[SLUG] Firefox 1.5 (FC5) and Plugins

How do you install plugins in FF 1.5 (FC5)

I can find no reference to plugins in any of the menus, nor in the
preferences.  I went to a site that required JRE so I downloaded it using
the offered plugin finder screen (jre-1_5_0_06-linux-i586.rpm.bin), ran
the install, and - nothing...  When I go back to the site it still says I
don't have JRE installed.  Nowhere in FF can I find any reference to
determine what plugins are installed.

This is stupid, and frustrating.

--
Howard