Re: [SLUG] Serious Printer Question -- Samsung CLP-550N

On Sunday 30 April 2006 10:00, slug-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Have you looked at Brother, when i was doing my TCO calculations Brother
> was also very cheap and they have very good Linux support.
>
> On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 18:55 +1000, telford@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I'm thinking about buying one of these printers, they are available under
> > $800 and they support Postscript and PCL5c as well as the undocumented
> > (i.e. useless) Samsung Printer Language. They also have a rather low
> > cost-per-page when you add up the consumable costs (note that the KYOCERA
> > FS-C5020N has a lower cost per page but you have to print about 40000
> > pages to break even, when you consider the different up-front costs, I
> > doubt I'll print that many).

My mate bought a Brother. Nice in every respect except the inks in a colour
page crack and flake off if the page is folded.

ie print a colour A4. Fold it in 3 to mail. The inks along the folds flake
off.
Is this a generic problem, or a Brother one?

James