SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] File deletion problem.
- To: Charles Myers <cmyers@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] File deletion problem.
- From: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:01:21 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/22.214.171.124i
On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 01:19:15PM +1000, Charles Myers wrote:
> afaik, NTFS mounts as read only. You can only format the things.. (I
> would love to be proven wrong on this :( as I have a couple ntfs drives
> that need some work....)
Yeah. You can use the captive ntfs driver (i.e. windows ntfs
drivr under linux), but then you would need to have a windows
license .. so why not just use windows in the first place to
otoh, the OP wanted to use the whole drive if I'm not
mistaken, so he could just copy them off and format it.